Instructional Consultant: Pre-K
New York, NY
The Cooke Institute, a division of the Cooke School and Institute, is seeking innovative and dynamic individuals with Early Learn and Pre-K special education expertise to consult with teachers in their classroom to develop and enhance their skills and improve the outcomes for all young children. Interested applicants must have experience coaching / mentoring teachers to implementdevelopmentally appropriate practices in early childhood education.Please note: if you are a New York City Department of Education Teacher, your status with the DOE must be “inactive” for over 12 months to qualify for the contract work we have with the NYCDOE. This position requires travel throughout Manhattan, the Bronx, Staten Island, and Central Westchester. This position is part-time, effective for the 2018-2019 school year.
General Professional Responsibilities
- Implement high-quality, standards-aligned instruction through modeled instruction and guided practice that is differentiated and meets the needs of all children.
- Use screening tools and data to set goals, modify or enhance learning environments, and plan appropriate learning experiences, interventions, and/or modifications that meet students’ needs.
- Organize positive behavioral systems and classroom management that motivates and engages students.
- Provide a range of resources, materials, and models for improving classroom environments, instruction, and intervention strategies.
- Develop an understanding of the diverse needs of 4-year-olds and help identify those children with special and unique needs.
- Conduct workshops for groups of school leaders, teachers, and Pre-K staff to extend improvement to a broader range of faculty.
- Foster family involvement as active participants in their child’s Pre-K experience to ensure success.
- Daily written logs to describe support given, and an extensive final report to summarize the activities conducted and evidence of the extent to which change occurred.
- Attendance at regular meetings of Cooke consultants.
- Collaborate with role-specific Pre-K team members on a regular basis.
About the Cooke School and Institute
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to an applicant’s race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or Federal law.
We require that you have your New York State Teaching certification. You must be authorized to work in the US and have fingerprints on file with the NYC Department of Education. When submitting your resume (MS Word or PDF format), please include your name and the position you’re interested in applying for in the subject line (for example, Charlene Busch – Pre-K Special Education Consultant.