School Psychology Internships at Cooke Schools
New York, NY
School Psychology Internship
To be considered for this position, candidates must already be enrolled in a master’s degree program in psychology. This internship is intended to give a master’s candidate the opportunity to complete their ten-month internship at a special education school.
At each of our three sites (Cooke Grammar School, Cooke Academy, and Cooke SKILLs), School Psychology Interns have the opportunity to foster their skills in consultation, assessment, and clinical intervention while working with a diverse population of students with special needs. Interns are integral members of our school community and work as part of a highly experienced counseling team. These are paid stipend, ten-month internships that start the end of August 2019 through June 2020.
Internship responsibilities at each site include the following:
- Individual and group counseling
- Co-teach social skills and adaptive skills classes
- Crisis intervention
- Participate in team meetings
- Parent communication and parent conferences
- Maintain communication with off-site providers
- Attend Internship Orientation and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training during professional development days in August
Additional Internship Information:
- Interns are part of a team of clinicians and have regular access to informal and formal support
- Weekly one hour individual supervision and one hour group supervision
- Interns group supervision
- For doctoral level interns supervision is provided by a licensed psychologist
- Multidisciplinary team meetings
- Monthly professional development days
- Paid off-site professional development
- Access to assessment materials
- Two licensed doctoral level psychologists within the agency
About the Cooke School and Institute
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to an applicant’s race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or Federal law. You must be authorized to work in the US.
The deadline for submitting applications is May 31, 2019.