- COVID-19 Vaccination information and resources
- Cooke Employment Verification Letter
- Employee Benefits Update
- W2 Updates
- Register for NYSAIS-sponsored webinar by Ibram X Kendi, the award-winning author of How to Be an Antiracist
- Register for Fordham University’s PDRC Workshops. Note: Cooke educators are invited to attend any of the webinars. (Cooke Institute will be leading the workshop on January 14.)
- Instructions for receiving NEW Cooke ID Stickers
Where to Get Vaccinated
The City is scaling up distribution sites as part of its commitment to deliver free, safe, and easy access to these vaccines for all New Yorkers.
Multiple vaccination sites are listed by borough at: http://nyc.gov/vaccinefinder, with more being added on a rolling basis.
When to Get Vaccinated
- Hours vary by site—be sure to check the website linked above.
- We encourage you to get vaccinated outside of normal work hours, if possible, to maintain staffing consistency at your work site.
- To the extent you need to schedule a vaccination during the workday, you will receive up to two hours of excused paid leave per vaccine dose. You should provide at least three work days of advance notice to your Principal/Supervisor for any such absence so that appropriate coverage can be arranged. To receive excused leave, you will need to provide documentation of the appointment as well as your receipt of the vaccine.
- Vaccine supply continues to be in high demand, and appointments will fill up. If vaccine appointments at a given location or date are full, please continue to check back as more appointment slots come online.
How to Get Vaccinated
Be sure to follow all instructions when making an appointment at one of the sites listed at the link above.
Be aware that you will need to complete this NYS COVID-19 Vaccine Form: https://forms.ny.gov/s3/vaccine in order to get vaccinated. NYS requires the provider administering the vaccine to check that you have completed the form and are eligible.
- Bring proof of employment, such as an employee ID card, employer letter, or a recent pay stub. (See the Human Resources section of this newsletter for information from Elizabeth Santiso on retrieving your employment verification letter, confirming your status as a Cooke employee.)
- Wear a face covering to your appointment. You will not be permitted on-site at the testing location without one.
- Reschedule your appointment if you are not feeling well on the day of your appointment.
Schedule an Appointment at a NYC Department of Health COVID-19 POP UP Vaccination Registration Site: https://www.apschedule.com/nycdohcovax
Additional Vaccination Sites and Links:
Mt Sinai Hospital and Affiliated Locations
Vaccine Pod (NYC Department of Health)
NYC Health and Hospitals
Columbia / NYP should Armory vaccination Site (168th street and Fort Washington Ave)
Please go to the website: https://vaccinetogetherny.
We strongly encourage staff members working in-person to get vaccinated as soon as possible. If you are working remotely, please consider waiting a bit longer so that our in-person staff can make their appointments first, as this will help to ensure that New Yorkers on the front line, providing in-person service in our school buildings will be better able to access the vaccine.
We know that many of you are eager to receive the vaccine and we will continue to proactively update you as we receive more information. You can also access up-to-date information about who is eligible anytime at: nyc.gov/vaccinecommandcenter.
Letter of Verification of Employment
Each of you now has an Employment Verification letter in Workforce One. You can access your letter by:
- signing on to WorkForce One
- clicking on the bell at the upper right-hand corner of your profile
- going to “My Checklists” and clicking on the blue lettering “Employment Verification”
- downloading the pdf from the top navigation bar
If you need further assistance with accessing your employment verification letter, please email Elizabeth Santiso at: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Cares Act
As you may know, the leave entitlements offered in the Cares Act expired December 31, 2020 and they are no longer mandatory for employers to offer. Cooke School and Institute will continue to offer these leaves to all its employees until March 31, 2021.
(Reminder) Upload Your COVID-19 Test Results/Medical Records to SmartVault
In order to stay HIPAA compliant and keep your medical records safe and secure, do not email your personal medical information; upload it to your SmartVault portal instead—this includes the actual test results from your doctor or medical facility. If you need access to the portal, please email HRTeam@cookeschool.org.
Employee Contributions Update
• Anyone age 50 or over is eligible for an additional catch-up contribution of $6,500.
• The monthly commuter and parking pre-tax contribution is $270 for 2021.
• W-2s are scheduled to be mailed no later than January 31, 2021
• The digital version of the W-2 will be available in WFO after February 15, 2021
Register for a NYSAIS-sponsored webinar by Ibram X Kendi, the award-winning author of How to Be an Antiracist
Cooke has registered for this event. If you wish to participate, you must register as an individual from Cooke. All are welcome.
How to Be an Antiracist School with Ibram X. Kendi
Monday, January 25, 2021
4:00 – 5:00 pm eastern
Here is the information needed to register yourself:
After completing the Zoom registration, you will receive an email from Zoom with a personalized link and passcode to join the live presentation. We request participants log on/call in 10 minutes prior to the start time. Upon entering the Zoom meeting, you will be placed in a waiting room. Once admitted, all registrants will be automatically muted and will remain muted unless instructed by the moderator.
Note: Your unique zoom link will become active 15 minutes prior to the meeting.
Register for Fordham University’s PDRC Workshops
Cooke educators are invited to attend any of the webinars. (Cooke Institute will be leading the workshop on January 14.)
Click here to register today!
Instructions for Receiving NEW Cooke ID Stickers
New Cooke ID stickers will be distributed to employees whose headshots we currently have on file. We will send out emails to let you know when your ID sticker is available. Once you have received your new Cooke ID sticker, you can simply adhere it to your existing ID/access card.
Please note: You will be contacted if we do not have your headshot on file, so we can make arrangements to obtain a photo of you. This process may take a little time, but we will be working diligently to get all IDs completed and distributed in the coming weeks.
Follow Us: @CookeSchoolNYC
Copyright © *2020* *Cooke School and Institute*, All rights reserved.