Cooke School and Institute, a nonprofit provider of special education services in New York City, offers our students internship opportunities as a required part of the curriculum for all Upper School and Cooke Transitions students ages 14-21.
Cooke Internships help our students to:
- Provide our students with valuable working experience which will later enable them to navigate professional working environments and maintain their independence through employment.
- Enable students to apply the soft skills that they have learned at Cooke to be able to obtain and maintain employment and be empowered to join the work force in adulthood and confidently communicate and advocate for themselves.
The Cooke Internship Program collaborates with private and public sector employers who offer our students internship opportunities. Corporations and organizations large and small have benefited from opening their doors to Cooke students. Students are partnered with sites that match their strengths and interests and give them the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the organization.
Cooke at Le Pain Quotidien
Brett Rogoff, CEO Strategic Group and Cooke Internship Host
Cooke interns have proven to be valuable assets to corporations and organizations through the necessary services they are able to provide based on their individual skill sets. Sample duties performed by interns include (but are not limited to):
- Food preparation
- Preparing mailings
- Assisting in classrooms
- Caring for animals
- Socializing with elderly
- Archiving data/working with spreadsheets
- Setting tables, sillverware roll-ups
- Cleaning gym equipment
- Greeting and assisting customers
- Cleaning store shelves (facing shelves)
- Stockroom assistance
Corporate Internship Partners
9-11 Memorial Museum
All Souls Church
American Institute of Architects, AIA
Brooklyn Conservatory of Music
Carnegie Hill Neighbors
Carter Burden Center Meals on Heels
Circle of Confusion Queens
Gallop NYC Therapeutic Riding
God’s Love We Deliver cards
Gowanus E-Waste Facility
Integrated Technology Systems
Jan Hus Church
Le Pain Quotidien
Middle Collegiate Church
NYU OT Dept.
Norwich Meadow Farms
Silver Mirror Spa
Wild Bird Fund
Interested in Cooke Internships?
Fill out the form below or contact Vocational Services at email@example.com